Hello you wonderful people,
I know many of you are already longing back for summer, even though we still have our tan lines and light summer hair. Personally I love every season. I really honestly do. For me every season has something pretty about it. The only thing I don’t like is if the sky is grey for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks…(you get the idea ;) ) but other than that – I enjoy every season and weather.
Fall I think is a gorgeous season!! Everything is so so colorful and full of change – the leaves falling, pumpkins everywhere, the chestnuts falling from the trees, apples all around, searching in the back of your closet for the long lost warm cozy longsleeves, and the food – I just love it, chestnut soup, pumpkin risotto, thanksgiving is on it’s way….. Ohhh I just love you fall, you very pretty season!!
So if you are sad about summer being gone let me just list a few things about fall that you might have forgotten about:
- the pumpkins – not just for eating, but for carving, for decorating, for their color, and for pumpkin spiced teas and lattes
- the apples – apples are everywhere now and they are so fresh and delicious
- the chestnuts – as a kid I loved to collect them and make little animals out of chestnuts and toothpicks :D now I enjoy chestnuts for decorations or for great recipes (especially chestnut soup is one of my favorites)
- the blankets and movies – during fall you don’t have to feel bad for staying in, relaxing on the couch, snuggling your blanket and just watching movies because it is now too cold to have bbqs with your friends anyway
- the colors – everything looks so pretty in red, brown, beige, orange and the GOLDEN PERFECT LIGHT! The sundowns are amazing in fall because everything shines so golden ♥
- tea tea tea – I love tea but sometimes in summer it’s too hot for me to drink a hot beverage, therefore I love that during fall, you can drink great tea all the time
- reading books – since now the late summer bbqs are over, you can sit at home during the late evenings drink a cup of tea and enjoy a great book
- the new wine – I come from a wine region so for us fall also means new wine is in the making, mhhh yumm :)
- the clothes – cuddling into a super cozy longsleeve sweater, or poncho, or big cardigan just gives such a warm comfy feeling
- the shoes – boots, boots, boots, boots – finally :D again!
- the speed of life – I feel like during fall the world is kinda slowing down a little bit. Where I live the sun goes down earlier during fall and wintertime than in summer. I feel like people don’t fill their days as much as during summer because once it get’s dark people like to be at home with their loved ones
- thanksgiving!!! – my favorite american holiday (I hate the black Friday afterwards but that’s a different story, I’ll tell you about that here pretty soon). This holiday is there for you to be thankful for what you have and enjoy great food with your family and friends – so you can probably see why it’s my favorite holiday ;)
Well, hopefully I could make you love fall as much as I do :)
♥ Kathrin Luisa